We know eating out is expensive, plus when you make the food at home you can control what good, wholesome ingredients go into it. So, what are you waiting for? Let's start cooking!!!

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Great Canadian Butter Tart


I got this recipe from the Pie Lady Bakery in Canada couple years ago and
I really enjoyed cooking my Canadian Butter Tart recipe it was so much fun.
With my easy recipe you too can make this wonderful treat.

I always made my own crust or tart shells.

(makes lots to freeze 3-4 dozens)

INGREDIENTS:
1 lb. butter, softened
4 cups brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp.salt
4 cups corn syrup
12 eggs
raisins or any nuts you want
4 dozen pastry tart shells

BAKING INSTRUCTIONS:
Combine butter and sugar. Add extract, salt and 2 eggs at a time untill smooth. Add corn syrup and mix well. Scrape the bottom. Put 10 raisins or nuts in bottom of regular size pastry tart shells. Fill tart shells 3/4 full. Bake at 350 deg for 20-25 minutes. Cool before removing from pans. Enjoy:)Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment